Sunday, November 6, 2011

Rest in peace, sweet Lucy



Lucy was hit by a car a few days ago. She ran off and we didn't see her for a day or so. On Thursday morning I found her lying on the cement walk in the pouring rain. No visible injuries, eyes open, no complaint when I hugged her and (eventually) moved her onto some cushions inside the garage. I think she was probably in shock. She didn't seem to be suffering, and I felt that an emergency vet visit would be traumatic for both of us and represented an expense that probably wouldn't save her. I checked on her once an hour before I left for work that afternoon. One time she kind of smiled when I petted her, but the other times she was fading.


When I got home from work that night, Mr. P. said (with tears in his eyes) that he had put her out of her misery. Poor Mr. P. Poor Lucy. She was a dear, sweet, goofy girl, and we're going to miss her.

1 comment:

Robin Gregory Rollins said...

So sorry for your loss. They are like our kids. Prayers.