Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hell no, I won't go!

When I was in high school, draft dodgers protested the Viet Nam war by yelling, "Hell no, I won't go!" at peace demonstrations. Polly wasn't even a twinkle in her daddy's eye then, but that's what she's crying today.

Mr. P. came home from work and reported that Jack, the guy who gave us Polly 3 years ago because his dachsund hated her, now wants her back. His son moved out and took the dachsund with him, and big, strong Jack wants a little dog to cuddle again.

But Mr. P. told him, "No way. Polly is the wife's favorite dog. You're not getting her back."

I said, "Jack couldn't wait to get rid of her before, and now he wants her back? Oh, no. No, no, no!"

While we discussed this, Polly watched nervously, her big bug eyes sending us messages like, "Please, Mom. Please, Dad. I can't go back there. Don't make me. You can't make me."

As soon as there was a break in the kitchen action (supper preparation), I scooped her up and kissed her and told her, "Don't worry, Polly. You're my baby now and you'll always be my baby."

2 comments:

Malissa said...

Holy Cow! I can't believe the nerve it takes to ask for Polly back! That little face is just so cute, I am a sucker for a black pug. She has a wonderful Mom and Dad, plus I don't think all her pup family would let her go. Now if you want to send Goober or Georgie to me in California, I wouldn't mind. Hee Hee!

Jean said...

Malissa,

Polly makes me think, "Go black, never go back." And I don't think this household could survive without Miss Polly.

I don't think Georgie could handle a relocation now, but if you're serious about taking Goober, let me know. We love him, but we already had way too many dogs when he got here!