Sunday, June 23, 2013

Gone home

Well, Georgie went home for good at around 10:15 this morning. I took him to the vet and she said that she could try to treat the inflammation in his throat, but she'd have to sedate him and that alone was risky. So I said goodbye to him, told him he'd be with his Grammy McMillan again very soon and that she'd be so happy to see him. I couldn't bear to watch him euthanized so Dr. Betsy took him to a back room. About 5 minutes later, she came back and said that when she was done, she put a scope down his throat and saw a large mass growing in his trachea. She might have been able to remove it, but again, that would have been risky.

So I brought him home in a shipping carton and Mr. P. is now burying him in our pet cemetery and near his Grammy McMillan's grave.

I was so glad that Dr. Betsy was the vet on call because she is so kind. When we had to have one of our cats euthanized, Dr. Davis asked me why I was crying.

Here's a photo of Georgie in his youth.
 
Goodbye, little man.

No comments: