Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Peace & quiet would be nice

Here's Meg and Teddy. Meg's saying, "Hold still. I'll just get that bit of popcorn from behind your tooth there."


When I got home from running errands at noontime, I let the dogs inside because it's hot out and they were all panting (Mr. P. says they could all have careers taking 1-900 calls). Instant chaos. Growling, snapping, snarling, biting, giggling, jumping, pillow-stealing, toy-chewing...makes my head spin.





And I don't understand how they can spend the entire morning outside and then only realize when they're inside that they need to pee or poop. Does anybody come to me and say, "Hey, I need to run outside and take a leak?" No. I do try to be approachable, but apparently they don't have time in their busy schedules to stop and discuss piddling with me. They just do it wherever they are and keep on moving.





So I was working in my study when suddenly I realized that it was awfully quiet out in the living room. The last time that happened, we had a sudden death in the family (Polly's stuffed squirrel), so I raced out to check on everybody. They were all flopped out on the carpet being little angels (except for Georgie, who was in Mr. P's chair again). The instant I grabbed the camera to record this rare moment of peace and quiet, they all leaped into action again.

No comments: