Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday School


Today is Sunday, The Feast of the Pentecost. On Pentecost, the disciples of Jesus were so filled with the Holy Spirit that they began to speak in tongues, and the unenlightened thought they were all drunk at 9:00 am. But Peter preached to them about the Good News and 3000 people were baptized.


As I was leaving this morning to go to church, all four puppies clamored to go with me.


"Want to go to church and learn about Jesus?" I said.


They wagged their tails.


Then I had a quick mental image of the puppies in my church's little Sunday School room, chewing on the wooden creche set and learning to sing "Jesus Loves Me", and realized that the arms of Episcopal outreach may not be strong enough to hold those dogs.


On the other hand, Jesus did love animals. I can easily substitute a dog for a lamb in this picture.

No comments: